Red Deer Central Lions Speed Skating Club
Registration for Speed Skating
Registration for Speed Skating
Please Note: Online Registration for 2021-2022 is not yet open. Please watch here for updates!
Online Registration for Speed Skating is open through the RDCLSSC's Ice Reg Portal (opens in a new window). Red Deer Central Lions Speed Skating Club uses the Speed Skating Canada Online Registration System for Club Registrations. All registrations and payments are completed online. A transaction fee is applied to all payments.
Alberta Speed Skating and Speed Skating Canada have updated their Membership Categories and Fees. All speed skaters in Canada must register with a Club affiliated with a provincial organization and Speed Skating Canada. Fees are based on the level of skating (e.g. Elite, Competitive, Participant). All adults/volunteers/officials must also register as an Associate Member. Membership categories and fees for 2020-2021 are available on Alberta Speed Skating: SSC and AASSA Fees.
Registration Instructions for New Members
- Go to RDCLSSC's Ice Reg Portal (opens in a new window)
- Click "Registrar Now"
- Enter Profile Information for your skater(s) and their Adults
- Add the Program for your skater(s)
- Select the AASSA/SSC Category (if applicable - default is Participant and skaters can upgrade to Competitive for participation in Meets)
- Add Associate Memberships for your skater's Adults (all adults must join as an Associate Member for insurance and volunteering, see below for info)
- Pay Online
- Questions? Email us!
Program Overview: Our current programs are listed in Ice Reg and on under Program Overview.
Refund Information: See Club Policies: Refunds and NSF Cheques
Skates and Damage Deposits
- For full information, see Club Policies: Skate Rentals, Racing Skins, and Damage Deposits
All families must supply a damage deposit cheque for Speed Skates and for Racing Skins. These are held by the Club Treasurer until the end of the season and destroyed when Club Equipment is returned in good working condition. Normal wear-and-tear is acceptable but significant damage may result in a Damage Deposit Cheque being cashed by the Club.
- $125.00 Damage Deposit Cheque per skater for Speed Skates
- $125.00 Damage Deposit Cheque per skater for Club Racing Skin (if competitive skater)
- New cheques will be collected from all new and returning families at the start of each season in September during Equipment Pick-up
- Equipment will not be released until Damage Deposit Cheques are on file with the Club
- Cheques must be dated for 31 August of the following year (this covers skate use at Summer Speed Camp in July)
- If you do not have personal cheques, we can discuss alternate damage deposit payment methods
Adult Memberships for Associates, Volunteers, Coaches, and Officials
All adults in a family are expected to volunteer to support the Club. All adults belonging to a Skater (parents, guardians, caregivers) must register as Associate Members.
An Associate Member is a member of a Canadian speed skating club who contributes as a coach, official, volunteer or parent who does not participate as a skating member. We do not charge a Club Fee for these roles.
Adult Associate Registration Fee: $22.00 (+ transaction fees)